Pin Trading Database
how to trade - Printable Version

+- Pin Trading Database (https://www.pintradingdb.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Help Desk (https://www.pintradingdb.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: How-to Guides (https://www.pintradingdb.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: how to trade (/showthread.php?tid=13090)

how to trade - Potato Chip - 12-29-2020

hi, can someone please walk me thru the process to make a trade?

I appreciate the help.

RE: how to trade - starry_solo - 12-29-2020

Add the pins you have for trade in your trades list.
Send a PM to the person you're interested in trading with.

RE: how to trade - Belle_of_the_Ball_18 - 05-21-2021

(12-29-2020, 12:41 PM)starry_solo Wrote: Add the pins you have for trade in  your trades list.

Is that it? You just message with each other and give each other you addresses to mail the pins? I've been hunting around the website for several minutes thinking I was missing something because I didn't see any way to request a trade and I couldn't find any instructions. The trading website I previously used had a system where you would request a pin from someone and then they would choose which one of yours they wanted (if any). Once you both committed to the trade, the website would provide the other person with your mailing address and then you each had to confirm when the pins were sent and when you receive yours. This website doesn't have any systems like that in place? Feels more unreliable...You should at least make it clear though that all you're supposed to do is message someone and work it out amongst yourselves so that newcomers don't waste their time trying to figure out how things work on this site.

RE: how to trade - starry_solo - 05-22-2021

(05-21-2021, 03:00 PM)Belle_of_the_Ball_18 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 12:41 PM)starry_solo Wrote: Add the pins you have for trade in  your trades list.

Is that it? You just message with each other and give each other you addresses to mail the pins? I've been hunting around the website for several minutes thinking I was missing something because I didn't see any way to request a trade and I couldn't find any instructions. The trading website I previously used had a system where you would request a pin from someone and then they would choose which one of yours they wanted (if any). Once you both committed to the trade, the website would provide the other person with your mailing address and then you each had to confirm when the pins were sent and when you receive yours. This website doesn't have any systems like that in place? Feels more unreliable...You should at least make it clear though that all you're supposed to do is message someone and work it out amongst yourselves so that newcomers don't waste their time trying to figure out how things work on this site.

Hello there, yes, that is it.  I'm not sure what other information would be needed so there is no need to complete a how-to guide.  Many of us are old enough that we remember trading other collectibles through the mail with the back and forth negotiations going through the mail.

RE: how to trade - Belle_of_the_Ball_18 - 05-23-2021

(05-22-2021, 04:05 PM)starry_solo Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 03:00 PM)Belle_of_the_Ball_18 Wrote:

Hello there, yes, that is it.  I'm not sure what other information would be needed so there is no need to complete a how-to guide.  Many of us are old enough that we remember trading other collectibles through the mail with the back and forth negotiations going through the mail.

This has nothing to do with age or mail. I'm just saying this website doesn't have any formal trading procedure or structure like some other websites and there is no way for a newcomer to immediately know that. All you'd have to do is put "To initiate a trade, simply send a message to the person you're interested in trading with!" at the top of the page and people would right away get the idea instead of wondering if they missed something and having to hunt for the answer like me and the person who started this thread.