Pin Trading Database
New Collector - Printable Version

+- Pin Trading Database (https://www.pintradingdb.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Pins (https://www.pintradingdb.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Pin Discussion (https://www.pintradingdb.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New Collector (/showthread.php?tid=13108)

New Collector - Jess22x - 01-19-2021

Hey there,
I have just taken up this hobby (ready to break the bank haha)
As a new collector and potential future trader - do you have any useful tips or advice?
Also, in terms of buying or trading on this site, can I be guaranteed that all sellers are selling legitimate/official pins (ie : Not scrappers/faked/forged)

On a side note - Being from the UK, a trip to the parks to trade is not on the cards unfortunately...

Thanks Smile

RE: New Collector - dznycrzyfmly - 02-18-2021

(01-19-2021, 10:44 PM)Jess22x  Hi there, unfortunately, I do not believe that there is a sure fire way to guarantee that all pin sellers are reliable and sell authentic pins. We have never purchased a pin from this site but would advise you, like on Ebay or Amazon, to do a little bit of research before you buy. Perhaps look at reviews and try contacting some of the buyers for their experiences... that's all I can really tell you about buying on here. Oh and maybe ask for pictures to compare with what you find on the internet.. just a suggestion. If you ever want to trade pins, feel free to reach out in the future! Good luck and happy trading!!Dznycrzyfmly TX - USA Wrote: Hey there,
As a new collector and potential future trader - do you have any useful tips or advice?
Also, in terms of buying or trading on this site, can I be guaranteed that all sellers are selling legitimate/official pins (ie : Not scrappers/faked/forged)

On a side note - Being from the UK, a trip to the parks to trade is not on the cards unfortunately...

Thanks Smile

RE: New Collector - starry_solo - 02-19-2021

(01-19-2021, 10:44 PM)Jess22x Wrote: Hey there,

Thanks Smile

Welcome to the site.  Ask for pictures of the front and back of the pin.  There are UK based trading groups found on various forms of social media.  You do still need to be careful there because there are a few UK/Europe based scrapper sellers as well.

Buy from authentic/licensed dealers as well.

RE: New Collector - DizzyPinFamily - 06-09-2021

Hi Jess22x, Welcome to the pindustry! The best way to avoid getting scrapped and fake pins when you're just starting is to find reputable sellers and traders. Second, find videos on how to tell if a pin is fake or scrapped. Limit your risk by only buying expensive pins from someone you trust. Start slow and learn as you go. You can find great pin traders on this site by noticing their reviews/reputation or finding these folks on other social media platforms. I'm kind of new on this site but I have a good following and reputation on Instagram. And regardless of all this, scrappers will happen. I get them every so often and deal with them as they turn up. LMK if you have other questions!